Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More conversations with a 2 year old

Welcome to another installment of Conversations with a 2 year old. Since Lily has arrived we have had many funny and interesting conversations with Jena. She is very curious about everything Lily.

A few days after we came home from the hospital Jena asked where Lily's mommy was. I told her that I was Lily's mommy. She followed with the expected, No, you are my mommy. I explained that I was both of their mommy. She seemed to accept that in a guarded manner.

She is also obsessed with how Lily eats. Early on she asked if Lily wanted her food or drink. I explained that she is too little to eat those things. Now, she will tell to us that Lily is too little. One day Roger was burping Lily by patting her back. Jena said, "Daddy don't do that, Lily is too little."

The funniest thing she has said to date was one day when I was nursing Lily. Jena asked if I had any apple juice in there for Lily. When I said no, just milk, she said Lily wants apple juice. Too funny.

1 comment:

Colby Family said...

That is hilarious!!!