Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The latest in Conversations with a 2 year old

When I started to put this together last week, the funniest conversation was actually with Jena's friend Quinn. But yesterday Jena topped it. So I'll start with Quinn's and end with Jena's.

Last month we had dinner at the home of our friends, the Nelsons. Quinn, of the now famous Piper and Quinn (twins 3 weeks older than Jena), was very concerned that Jena would take one of her (Quinn's) dolls home with her. Rebecca and I both assured her that the dolls were not going anywhere. We thought it was over until later Rick came in, confused saying Quinn had told him her doll was in Jena's car. We all had a good laugh over imagining Jena sneaking out of the house, opening the car door (which she can't do), putting the doll inside and then coming back in without anyone noticing.

One day when riding in the car Jena said, "Mommy, Lily is my sister and Piper is my friend!" I then asked her who Piper's sister is and she said "Quinn" like Duh! She has been learning a lot about friends and another time when where her Dora the Explorer shirt she said "Mommy, Dora is on my shirt!" and I said "Yes, she is. Do you like Dora?" and she said "Yes, Dora is my best friend." It is cute that she still thinks Dora is real.

About a year ago I taught Jena about the hospital and more importantly how to say hospital. She kept calling it Daddy's house and I didn't want people to think we were divorcing! She still thinks that Daddy "lives" at the hospital. And one day recently she was mad at Roger and told him to "Go to the Hospital!"

I will end today with Jena's most recent declaration. She is really in to Cinderella right now. In fact she prefers the Cinderella pull ups to all others. Recently when putting on a pull up she said, "Mommy, Cinderella is my friend! And I pee in her!" I was laughing so hard that Roger came running in to see what was going on. Needless to say I had to explain that we don't pee on our friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! That is just too cute! I can hear her saying that though!