Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Disney Princesses have won

As I was looking online last night for a copy of the Cinderella movie, I realized the Disney Princesses have won. I'm not sure how it happened, I never encouraged it. I give her all sort of different toys, dolls to trucks. But some how Jena is obsessed with the Disney Princesses. It started simple enough, she asked for the princess diapers. Then she asked for a princess flash light. Then she noticed we had a "princess" movie, Beauty and the Beast. She began watching it over and over again. And I was okay with that. Belle is smart, likes to read and ride horses. She saves her father. Then some of her friends got Sleeping Beauty and she had to have it. She pretends she is a princess now, Cinderella her current favorite. They didn't have the movie at the Disney store or Walmart here. So I looked for it online for her so she can have it for Christmas. So, Disney, you have won. For now.

2 comments:

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

Agreed! They've won here too, and I was never into the princesses. Oh well, at least it's somewhat wholesome and keeps BOTH kids entertained.

Martha

Anonymous said...

It's okay......it could always something worse! lol