Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Quarterlife Crisis? What will they think of next?

I was at a bookstore the other day while Jena was at school. While browsing the sale rack I came across a book called Quarterlife Crisis: The Unique Challenges of Life in Your Twenties. I had to laugh when I saw the title. Sure, my 20s were challenging. But, they were my 20s; I wouldn’t exactly say I was in crisis. The book talks about the challenges of transitioning from college to the work place. And basically, becoming an adult. All I could think is, Man if you think that is hard just wait. It gets harder. What I’d give to be in my 20s again. That was a great time. Not that my 30s are bad, just different. But thinking about saving for retirement, college funds, and the inevitable care for our parents is daunting. These are things that did not even cross my mind in my 20s. I guess it is true, youth is truly wasted on the young.

No comments: