Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Thursday, February 04, 2010

The proof is in the pudding...

With two kids under 4, life gets a little hectic. And, add to that stress for Roger from work, and it gets kind of dicey. Lately, for some reason I've been thinking about my dad. Not that I felt he was the go to guy for emotions, but I did value his opinion. He could be critical. But now that I'm older and have kids of my own I see that he just wanted what was best for me. Even if he didn't know how to show that.

Today was crazy. The kids were home all day. The weather has been bad all week so we've been in more than out. And the house was trashed. So I spent a lot of time cleaning and looking for Lily's missing shoe (which is still missing.) When Roger got home we went to dinner at the buffet. When getting my dinner I glanced over at the desserts and noticed they had chocolate pudding and suddenly, I knew it would all be okay. Chocolate pudding was my dad's favorite, he ate it every time he could get it (only out since Donna didn't make a lot of sweets.) The funny thing is they never have chocolate pudding at that buffet (its one of my favorites too.) When I saw it, I felt better, like some how he was around. And I had it for dessert.

No comments: