Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Olympics

Like many of our friends we are watching the Winter Olympics. Jena again is very excited about watching. She says the lady ice skaters are princesses. And it has reinforced her interest in ice skating. I think Roger is going to try to take her this weekend, he is the more experienced skater of the two of us so I think he is the better choice. If she likes it we might sign her up for a month of lessons.

This year's games are in Vancouver, BC and our lucky friends the Causeys are there, or at least were there. I hope one year we get to go. But for now we will just to settle for HDTV. I always enjoy the skating and this year have really liked the skiing. I have friends that don't like the Winter games because we as Americans do not always dominate. I actually find that refreshing. I mean really, we can't always win. Though we are in the lead for medals right now. I also have been happy for Canada who has had a great games! Half of the medals they have won are gold, a first for them. Even if they did beat the USA Women's hockey team today, I still like them. And I think I have even learned all the words to O Canada.

1 comment:

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

We really miss watching the Olympics. The base can't get NBC or CBS (don't get me started...LONG story), so we can't watch them. I really miss all the shows on those channels. Directv, Dish...it doesn't matter. Enjoy watching them for us!

Martha