Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Winter in the South

I lived in the south off and on for 20 years now. I've adjusted to the weather and can understand why people don't like the cold when it is unseasonably cold like this year. I still do not understand why we shut down at the thought of snow. Cumberland county is on a two hour delay tomorrow because we are supposed to get an inch of snow. An INCH! I used to walk to school in a foot of snow (uphill, Both ways!) This means our little preschool is closed since we only go half days. My kids will be home, ALL DAY! I only two morning a week to myself, and now I only have one. This happened last year. Once for real snow. And once for what I called the No Snow snow day. So, since misery loves company, I invited over some other friends in the same predicament. At least we can go crazy together.

No comments: