Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A shout out...

We are getting ready to put out all the big stuff here. Santa will be here soon to fill the stockings and I am very grateful Roger is home this Christmas Eve to help me. Two years ago I stayed up it seems all night putting a play kitchen together, all by myself. Roger was on call and didn't get home until 9 am on Christmas Day. Try holding back an almost two year old from seeing what Santa left.

So, here is to all the military spouses doing this all alone this Christmas. Trying so hard to make up for what is missing. Trying to document everything so the parent who is not there will see what happened later. You are doing the hard stuff each and everyday, the things that go without a word of thanks. I salute you and your strength! Merry Christmas!

No comments: