Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Home is where the Army sends you...

It is that time again. We once again are looking at where we will be moving this summer. Many of you have asked for an update, so I will do the best I can. Roger talked to the officer in charge of placement on Thursday. He only had two minutes on the phone for this preliminary talk and it left us with just as many questions as before.

A few months back they had talked to the residents about this and talked about places that should be available. Unfortunately, things change and there were some very frustrated residents on Friday. Someone told me out of a list of 10 place, they told her six were not probable. At least we are not alone in this frustration. So we adapt, and try to come up with 10 places off a very sparse list.

We hope to go west so we can be closer to my family. This is possible, the middle of the US has the most spots available, but not too many in the states we want to go. We are hoping for Kansas, but they say that may be hard to get. The east coast, our fall back, doesn't have much at all. And the west coast has only 5-7 slots for the whole region. It is a strange list indeed. And we find ourselves reevaluating our priorities.

We try to keep faith. We had not planned on coming here but now I can not imagine having gone anywhere else. We have made some great friends here. I can't imagine Jena without Piper and Quinn. And I can't imagine Roger without his office mates, Jason B and Lisa last year, Jason H and Justin this year. And I can't imagine life without Rebecca, Carol, Karen, Nicole, Jessica and Christi. So, as Roger reminds me, we plan and life happens. And we end up better off then we thought.

No comments: