Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Sunday, October 04, 2009

It is that time again...

It is October and time to go pink. In past years I have talked about my grandma who died of cancer. This year I have a friend that is fighting this disease. She amazes me with her strength and positive attitude. And I pray her and her family everyday. So I want to remind everyone to do your self exams. We are of the age now where it is important to do this. Being aware of our bodies is the first line of defense. And if you are over 40, get a mammogram one a year. If you are over due, you know who you are, make an appointment for one today. The best offense is a good defense. Early detection is the key as 80% of women with breast cancer have no family history of the disease.

No comments: