Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ketchup on everything

Today for lunch we had chicken nuggets and mac & cheese, a favorite around here. As I was waiting for the chicken to cool I put the mac & cheese on the plate. Then I got out the ketchup and drinks and put them on the table.

Jena said "I want ketchup, Mommy."
I said, "The ketchup is for the chicken which you don't have."
Jena said "I need it for my Mac & Cheese."

I ignored the plea and went and got the chicken nuggets and put them on her plate. After getting her drink I put ketchup on her plate and sat down to each my lunch. I looked up to see Jena pushing the mac & cheese around trying to get it on the fork. Of course, some ending up in the ketchup and she proceeded to eat them both together. I had to laugh when I saw that because I flashed to someone else doing the same thing, my dad!

My dad ate ketchup on a lot of things people would find strange. The big ones I remember were mac & cheese and eggs. But I had forgotten that until just now. So, somewhere in the great beyond, I'm sure he is laughing at me and saying "There is nothing wrong with that."

1 comment:

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

Growing up in the hometown of Heinz Ketchup, I put ketchup on a lot including Mac and Cheese. It's delicious! Jena has great taste...literally.

Martha