Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day! Since I have know Roger forever (or at least what seems forever, 16+ years) I have watched him grow from a shy teenager into a compassionate adult. One thing I always knew though is that Roger would be a wonderful father. Roger has always loved kids and kids have always loved Roger. I have heard a life time of comments from people about it. In fact, many people we know were surprised Roger did not go into to Pediatrics.


Around here, they call him the Pied Piper. Every time we have something for the hospital all the kids run up to him when we get there and follow him just about the whole time. Sometimes they are upon us before we get out of the car. And of course, Jena loves him. She is definitely a Daddy's girl. And I don't expect the next baby to be much different.


Even in a house full of girls, Roger manages just fine. Early on in this pregnancy, I told him I thought this baby was a girl. He said that was ok because boys will just burn down your house. But that is Roger, always with a positive out look. Even today as he is working on the L&D floor, he said he will be celebrating with other people as they become fathers. So, Happy Father's Day, honey. We love you!

No comments: