Raising two little girls in an ever changing world

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Conversations with an almost 3 year old

Jena as always has given us lots of material for the blog. Her latest obsession is birthdays. Since her friend Caden's birthday in October she has been asking about her birthday. It is quite cute to hear her plan her guest list and talk about her birthday. Most recently she came in with two blocks. She said they were cakes. One is blue for her birthday and the other is pink for Piper and Quinn's birthday. Blue is her favorite color because it is Cinderella's color. Then she said, "This cake is all for me. And this cake is for Piper and Quinn. They can't have mine." I guess we still need to work on sharing.

Every morning for breakfast Jena has cereal. She is very specific when she asks for it. Cereal with milk in a bowl and a spoon, and milk in a sippy cup. This is so funny to me because it reminds me of when my friend Scott was a missiler in the Air Force. When he was in the silo the kitchen would bring down food to him because he wasn't allowed to leave. The cooks made him be very specific in his ordering. If he wanted cereal and milk, he had to say it otherwise he would get dry cereal. And he had to tell them what utensils he needed or they would bring them. So I guess Jena is ready for the Air Force because she came up with that all on her own.

Yesterday she showed she was a true Williams. I have heard tons of stories about Roger and his siblings smiling while lying through their teeth about something. Well, yesterday I was in the kitchen and I heard the chimes that sound when the door opens. I called for Jena when I heard it and she responded "I'm not opening the door." I heard the sound again and came into the living room to see her standing there, door open, her hand on the door knob. She just looked up at me and smiled "I'm not opening the door, Mama."

No comments: